Thread: Maier considering updating plastics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Maier considering updating plastics

Maier reached out to me and several others that have requested updates to their plastics. They want our suggestions and if there is enough interest will make updated plastics for our old machines. Please email them or message them on facebook to let them know what changes you would like. Here is a list of my suggestions. It would be great to have an updated plastics option for our old machines.
    1. Shorten the rear fender in the boot/heel area. This needs to be substantially shorter in my opinion. Similar to Laker and Fullbore.

2. Offer your two piece fronts in a "race cut.

3. Add a scoop or vents to the front of your one piece race cut. Also add the traditional TRX250R indents on the side similar to your two piece plastics.

4. Make the rear fenders less floppy, that may be achieved by shortening the heel area as suggested above.

5. Make mounting similar to OEM, I don't know much about plastics but I'm guessing this would be the most difficult.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mounting similar to OEM would go a long way in my book. Otherwise, any additional plastic choices to be purchased new are welcome in my book!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Could they not knock off fullbore Style or try and purchase the mold from fullbore to make fullbore style fenders. Just a thought...?
    Atc - 350 6mill
    Atc - 350 4mill
    Trx - 431 puma

Engineered by C-Leigh Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Fullbore is still making limited runs. Fullbore would never sell the molds and Maier would never be interested in buying them or copying them. That being said they could make some changes to make a unique, improved option for our old machines. So we should all give our suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about adding reinforcement ribs to specific areas to lessen the "flopping"? A la fullbore.

Also adding a hole to reach the radiator cap and fill the radiator would be nice
    LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
    Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Lazarus Sommers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally I don't mind the length in the heel area, I think that's easily trimmed off if desired.

Leaving them longer might allow you to put mounting tabs onto your heel guards if possible, which would really help with the floppy fenders problem. Just another thought
    LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
    Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Lazarus Sommers

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maier has updated their rear fenders to include three stiffening where fullbore has four.......I also suggested more colors...Green...Silver and for us flattrack-TT guys their flattrack rear fender....

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    the project to update Maier trx250r fenders in on hold for the time being. they just announced (on Facebook) that they are doing a one time run of colors that were no longer being produced: dark blue, yellow, green, orange....

Silver and pink are not available.

this is a one time run. orders must be placed by Feb. 13th. free shipping

Joe