Thread: Old Ohio district 11 racer

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Old Ohio district 11 racer

Im looking for a 88 89 I've been looking on line nothing.I raced a full blown 1989 Duncan race bike JP racing frame with no link swing and A arms with pep shocks 12,000 invested back in the glory days when Rs where 1,500 bucks everywhere and Gary Denton rode a honda cub around the pits and Doug Gust was a new guy from Wisconsin and Tim Farr had way to much money I was good friends with Ben Jackson's family his dad Sam was the best and bought my race bike when I started a family.I guess u never forget that feeling the first time u ride one and I want that feeling back my kids are out of the house and wanting to build a 88 retro bike back to new with more horsepower and upgrades.i have a lot of knowledge to share when the trx 250r was KING my opinion it still is.looking forward to talking to everyone

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Welcome aboard. Any plans to get back to racing.Your past R sounds like it was a sweet set up.Your future build sounds awsome. I raced three wheeler back in the day then quads. I only raced on small local tracks I always had the bug and stared racing my old trikes again.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Almost forgot there is a member that built a Gary Denton trx 250 r replica sweet machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to the site if you wanna expand your search to the west coast Craigslist we have a lot of good deals pop up over here every now and then
    99 Lsr TRX310R
    87 250r currently getting a 363 sphynx built by Pete @ hybrid engineering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Welcome! There's a good amount of JP frames still floating around. You can usually pick them up for a pretty fair price.

Any good old pics?
    LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
    Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Lazarus Sommers

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sorry unfortunately my ex wife of 12 years has all the old photos.ill try and have my daughters find some.Maybe I could just build a bike from parts haven't added up the cost of much used aftermarket stuff what do u guys think"?I have a 1988 cr500 that runs great I know the bike it self isn't worth much but the motor might be.I was thinking used aftermarket frame,A arms swing arm steering stem axle and new shocks.Maybe it's a waste off time like said I have looked at 250r parts in about 20 years.I know I paid 3200 for no link frame crome swing arm A arms and steering stem and hubs after 3 months of fight with JP on the phone

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Welcome Honda Hills!!! glad your back. times sure have changed in R scene. I'm sure we can help you find a bike (aftermarket frame) complete or just a frame. I'm in Cleveland. send me a message with your number if you want. I can forward your "wish" list to a few contacts that I have.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aloha! welcome! hope you can get some pictures. we love pictures