Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lonestar Pro-Peg Frame

0 0%
  • Lonestar Footpeg Frame

4 80.00%
  • Gusset/Powdercoat Factory - Extra beer money

1 20.00%

Thread: Lonestar Frame - Pro-pegs or Footpegs?

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Lonestar Frame - Pro-pegs or Footpegs?

Hi Guys,

I am about to buy a new LSR frame and debating between the footpegs or pro-peg option. I ride mostly wooded XC, so switching between nerfs and pegs would be nice but not critical. While the welded pro-peg studs are stronger and more aesthetically pleasing, they are limiting if I ever wanted to switch back. It would seem most guys are running the pro-pegs on the aftermarket frames which might help for future resale.

Right now I have some Alba nerfs for an 88+ TRX with integrated footpeg. They use a stud type adapter and would mount easily to a pro-peg frame. The downside is the center to center spacing is custom and I'd be locked into using only those nerfs in the future. I could also spring for a set of AC Laegers/Lonestar pro-peg nerfs and use that spacing.

Does anyone have the LSR footpegs? I understand they use their own custom footpeg mount pattern, is this true? Can anyone vouch for the quality of the pegs?

I'd be interested in hearing any opinions good, bad or otherwise on which route to take.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wont vote since I don't ride XC but I did have an LSR frame a few years back and yes they do use their own bolt pattern. The frame I owned came with kick-up pegs which were heavy. At the time, RIS Designs made a billet footpeg specifically for LSR frames. They aren't making these anymore for those wondering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have Rath pro-peg nerfs on my aftermarket frame. But it sucks not being able to put your feet down to push yourself. I'm trying to switch to foot-pegs and heel-guard combo.

If they make a foot-peg and heel-guard combo that will work with pro-peg mounts, then i'd opt for that, and you could always switch to full nerfs if necessary.
    LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
    Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Lazarus Sommers

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, this is very useful feedback. I think for my purpose the decision is clear. Now to figure out the situation with my rear end.