Here we go again!!
Here is the full info!!
If anyone would like to add dates of events that would go along with our community, say, major race events, dunefest or whatever you can think of, please feel free to forward any info you have to me.
As always, the plan is to have calendars to everyone by christmas. To make that happen, we need to get things right going in, so please read everything below.
1. Take a picture of your R or R's. This can be a quad or atc. Anything 250r from 85-89.
- Use your camera's highest resolution. Shoot for at least using a 6 megapixel camera.
- The resolution issue really can't be stressed enough. You can take a low-res image and enlarge it, but you don't gain any resolution in the process, you'll just get a larger, fuzzier image. We need good enough resolution to get good output from which to print.
- Another thing that may be an issue, if you use Outlook, is that it may ask if you want to resize the image when you send it. This is almost always making the image smaller so it will transmit more quickly. If you see this pop-up, then select "keep image original size" from the drop-down.
2. The subject of the picture is your R. It has to be your R that you submit.
- It can be a still pic, racing, hillclimbing, duning, whatever you'd like to use! And honestly, sometimes a great background can make the picture. For example, the cover of last years calendar.
- You don't have to be the photographer, only the owner of said R.
- No photoshopping to change the nature of the shot. This refers to things like you jumping the riverboat like the Kangaroo Kid, there's only one Kangaroo Kid and it ain't you.
- Please don't crop the image. If you want the final image to be cropped, let me know and I'll make sure it gets done in the end. Sometimes we need all the resolution we can get and cropping will reduce the pixel count.
3. Include the following info with your submission.
- Your first name
- Your board name
- Model and year of quad
- Any of specifics you'd like to include
-As far as specifics, I'm mostly shooting for frame and motor work if any. I appreciate the insanely detailed lists I have received in the past, however, all that info won't make it. Just need the basics.
4. Submit your picture by...not quite sure when I'll stop taking pics but I will let everyone know when we're getting close. I'd say around the end of October/early November.
- PLEASE SEND ONLY 1 PICTURE.
-I don't want to pick a picture for you. I, just like everyone else, have a different taste. Pick out a pic that you like the best!!
5. Voting for the 12 main pictures will start shortly after I'm done receiving pics. I will let everyone know when we will start. I usually let that run for a couple weeks.
Please send your submissions to:
I will confirm receipt of every submission. If you haven't heard from me in a couple days, shoot me an email or ask me over here.
We also need other shots for the extras. Works in progress, engines, details, whatever you'd like to send. These are not voted on and will be used at our discretion.
Orders will be taken from the time of voting until it's ready to go to print. You'll have plenty of time to decide if you want one/more depending on what quads are in it.
I think that about covers it. Any questions, feel free to ask!
I plan on posting some info up shortly. In the meantime, I figured I would start this thread to get everyone's attention. If you don't have a good pic, now is the time to get one!!
Just some basic info....
- one entry per person and please only submit one pic.
- take a nice picture, no junk in the background.
- no Photoshopping (please don't play with the contrast)
Please send pics to Fear250r@me.com