Feedback Score
    Thank you! I could not agree more!

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    image.jpg
    Took my cylinder off to put a new base gasket on and found the sleeve to be a little different from the other 86 cylinder I have. does this sleeve look's machine ported. It is a 66mm standard bore, it also had a C.K. 103 hot rod.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Finishing up my gussets kit install and mocking up some other parts figured I would also test fit the used calipers I bought a few years ago, but they wouldn't fit. Thankfully a friend of mine had a parts 400ex and I was able to compare the 400ex calipers to my spindles and they bolt up. I noticed the knuckle is different from the 400ex I am now trying to figure out what knuckles I have. I will attempt to post pictures of them after I get home from my shop tonight.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sleeve has some meat on it. Doesn't looked machine ported to me. Looks like they cleaned up the intake ports a tad bit.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to the site my friend. First of all I think it's awesome that you have a little helper. My sons both loved working on things with me. It gets even better when you get them out riding with you. It amazing watching them learn a grow. Thanks Loren
    I had a BDT motor once.....It SUCKED!
    Currently: Hybrid Engineering 310 stroker built by Pete

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndmoto View Post
    Sleeve has some meat on it. Doesn't looked machine ported to me. Looks like they cleaned up the intake ports a tad bit.
    Thank you for the info, I wasn't sure it was throwing me off comparing it to the spare cylinder that came with the four wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by The norm View Post
    Welcome to the site my friend. First of all I think it's awesome that you have a little helper. My sons both loved working on things with me. It gets even better when you get them out riding with you. It amazing watching them learn a grow. Thanks Loren
    Yessir it is amazing he blows my mind at the age of three, telling him to loosen a bolt or tighten it and he turns it the correct way with zero doubt. I know it's easy to brag about your own but it truly is a awesome thing watching. Thanks for the help here on the forum! I am starting to suspect these knuckles are maybe aftermarket or from a later model 300ex? I look at photos of 450r knuckles on google they look nothing like these. I am having a hell of a time getting the needle roller bearings out of the aftermarket swing arm geez someone hated this quad the bearing cages were dust lol...