Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allison Brothers Racing 2016

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Allison Brothers Racing 2016

Hey guys! I've been pretty busy getting our hard water setups dialed in but I wanted to take a minute too start a new thread where I can post post pics and video links to keep everyone up to date that's interested. We have one AMA District 14 Ice race in the books and we turned a few laps today to get ready for the next one this Sunday. Also want to give a shout out to our sponsors Rath Racing, FourWerx Carbon, LED Performance, Fly Racing, IMS Products, Streamline Braking, DWT Racing, Hinson Clutch Components, Precision Racing Products, Hot Rods, Pivot Works, and Dragon Racing Fuels. These are really the best companies in the industry and I'm excited for what's to come from our partnerships with them this year.
    From today -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is awesome! i couldn't image a better group of sponsors. I wish you well.

john

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs003 View Post
    This is awesome! i couldn't image a better group of sponsors. I wish you well.

john
    Hey thanks John! That's my thoughts exactly. I'm very lucky.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Be safe, have fun and win a few races. We expect race reports!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's see some #1's with that R you can do it.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking sharp Ryano! I bet ice racing is a blast.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bad ass. Keep us all posted.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rablack21 View Post
    Looking sharp Ryano! I bet ice racing is a blast.
    This isn't Ryano. Same last name but I'm Jake. Lol

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Race Report
    Our first race at Owosso Motorsports Park yesterday was hectic but fun! Went out for practice and had a guy come around me on the first lap and spin out in front of me. Barely had time to tap the brakes and smacked into him bending my swaybar. We straightened it out and went out for my first heat but I was real loose and spun out. I had lost my cross weight. I started dialing it back in between heats and was finding some speed. Had to run a couple LCQ's and then had a couple mains that were almost back to back. I ran three different classes. This video is my last race of the day and I had one right before it. My crew chief cleaned my goggles off but not the GoPro so it's not real clear. Lol but I was able to pick up a couple spots from the back row. We ended on a good note with my brother taking another second overall in rubber class! I definetly feel like I'm being out motored.. All of our classes switched to open classes now because the chairman bought a LT500 but I'm not quite ready to go bigger yet. Maybe when I get a little more caught up here I'll see what Arlen has up his sleeve for me.
    https://youtu.be/otnaySenCAw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison#51 View Post
    This isn't Ryano. Same last name but I'm Jake. Lol
    My bad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool video Jake! That looks like fun. If you don't mind me asking, what is your motor setup?

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rablack21 View Post
    Cool video Jake! That looks like fun. If you don't mind me asking, what is your motor setup?
    It's a stock cylinder ported. Cool head with 19cc dome. Running 110 dragon (formerly torco). Rad valve that I ported. 01 CR ignition. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unfortunately, you probably are being over powered. You need a little bit more umph! Even a nice ported would make a noticeable difference. But if you were going to make the big jump, I would go for at least a built 330.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You ran a good race and your motor sounded great but honestly you were being out motored without a doubt. 258cc R vs. 450 cc 4-strokers most likely modded just doesn't equal out. You need a 330 +4 stroker to have the confidence in your quad that u need. Personally I'd love to run my sphinx 363 on that same track with them 450 boys. That would be fun. I know you say your not quite ready for a bigger bore yet but by the looks of your riding ability I'd say you are. At least a 330 +4 stroker. Either way great video and nice riding.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Didn't look like you were being out powered by much. Clean up your lines and dial in the chassis a bit more, you'll be running up front. I wasn't listening to your motor, but how is your gearing?

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndmoto View Post
    Didn't look like you were being out powered by much. Clean up your lines and dial in the chassis a bit more, you'll be running up front. I wasn't listening to your motor, but how is your gearing?
    I'm geared down to 14/39 currently because I was having some carb issues and was bogging. It still did bog a little bit Sunday if I didn't keep it wound right up but usually I just barely tap the clutch and it comes out of it. I might go to 14/38 but I'm not using sixth gear currently. I think I need to work on my starts more than anything. I was taking off in third and still spinning. After watching all my film I'd say I'm still a little loose from center off and could probably crank a little more bar into it for more bite. I've never been too tight.. I almost need to crank on the swaybar until it pushes and then back it off a touch and try it. I put it on the scales today and I'm gonna make some adjustments tomorrow. Might need to double check that everything's straight after that hit too.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsessed86 View Post
    You ran a good race and your motor sounded great but honestly you were being out motored without a doubt. 258cc R vs. 450 cc 4-strokers most likely modded just doesn't equal out. You need a 330 +4 stroker to have the confidence in your quad that u need. Personally I'd love to run my sphinx 363 on that same track with them 450 boys. That would be fun. I know you say your not quite ready for a bigger bore yet but by the looks of your riding ability I'd say you are. At least a 330 +4 stroker. Either way great video and nice riding.
    Part of me wants to win some races with a stock cylinder. I just figured it would be more gratifying that way. It's kind of a goal I set but it's turning out to be a bigger challenge then I thought. It's definetly possible but this class is very competitive this season. I have a new pipe coming from Arlen that he's pretty excited about so I'll see how that goes and my SmartCarb is on its way back from Corey doing some updates on it for me and I'm hoping that will fix my issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All the changes you mentioned should definitely help for sure. Starts and gearing are the 2 biggest thing that could help you. Pipe sounds very nice too. I know what you mean about the shear satisfaction of beating 450's with a stock cylinder. Those boys would be dropping their jaws at that site. It would be nice to see that. I'm excited to see how your next race goes with your changes. You should do well. Your motor sounded clean. Gearing may be your game changer. Good luck and whatever you do stay on top of those R's.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you are launching in 3rd and spinning, you will want to work on a few things. Either re-gear or find a better throttle/clutch control combination. Andrew Short (he is a professional motocross racer) is one of the best starters in current mx/sx. He says part of his success comes from 3rd gear starts. He could be full of dookie and trying to throw people off. But the theory is it cuts a shift out and lets you hold hold it in gear longer...but can be abusive on the clutch.

Also you mentioned it has a bog. You should dig into that and figure out the cause. Sounds like you are working on it, but obviously it will help your track performance. Are you lean on the pilot/needle? Have an air leak? Hopefully you are running an open air box.

That does look like a bunch of fun. Do they ever run a full track? Right and left turns?