Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Allison Brothers Racing 2016

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Our race is cancelled again this weekend and the national that was scheduled for the following weekend has been postponed due to the warm weather unfortunately but we're going up to the Soo tomorrow to watch the fastest snowmobile race in the world.. Taking notes!

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Strange. I thought there were plenty up in the east getting blasted by cold weather. Hopefully some comes your way soon.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys! Been busy with the new job working 65 hour weeks. We raced last weekend and then cancelled this weekend but went to watch the no bull triple crown enduro snowmobile ice race in Mt. Pleasant. Here's a video from last weekend https://youtu.be/QFLpDVxYJ3Q I found some speed with a tire pressure change and tightened it up with some shock adjustments and more cross weight. Still struggling with my starts. Something always seems to happen like in this one the guy was standing right in my line of sight for the starting light but if I can get a start I don't think I'll have a problem running up front. This week I changed my gearing, made a jetting change, and indexed the screws a little differently for more bite. I'm considering trying a flywheel weight but I don't have a lot of time to test. We have two scheduled race weekends remaining. Next weekend is the national that was postponed and moved to Cadillac. The weather isn't looking real great again we've had a pretty warm couple of days but hopefully we'll get it in. Saturday will be the GP day and Sunday is the oval classes. This will be aired on mavTV Lucas Oil On The Edge. The last scheduled race is the AMA state championships in Bentley the following weekend. Also would like to thank my new sponsors Wiseco Performance and ODI Grips!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Nice ride man. The changes seem to be helping each time out. Are there a couple other R's out there too? That red one looked like it got a pretty good holeshot.
    Last edited by zcarlson12; 02-22-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    Laeger 310R

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zcarlson12 View Post
    Nice ride man. The changes seem to be helping each time out. Are there a couple other R's out there too? That red one looked like it got a pretty good holeshot.
    Thanks. Yeah there is a few that run I haven't really had a chance to talk to them but I think there's one other guy with a stock cylinder that showed up to the first couple races too.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys sorry I haven't kept this up. We're well into the mx season. I've tore some stuff up but managed to keep her going.

https://youtu.be/i7AYwKNsVZ4

https://youtu.be/s0uOBm5uoic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dang sir. Showing them 4 strokes what's up! I am very impressed. Rarely have I seen a guy riding a 2 stroke have more stamina at the end of a race than guys on 4 pokers! I was rooting for ya! That first moto, you kept fighting that one guy for several laps. I was like "git em! git em!." And then passed more before it was over. The motor sounded like it was running well. Looked like you picked a couple of corner lane choices that weren't for the best in the first moto (not critisizing! God knows I do it too). That looked like a close call with the fence in the 2nd moto. It would have sucked to get into that fence. That wouldn't end well! LOL. Well done, sir. Good race, nice videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Awesome racing! Good job man.
    Laeger 310R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome race videos man. Great job
    LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
    Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

RIP Lazarus Sommers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Good job, congratulations. Looks like you have been working hard getting in shape. Doing a lot of cardio?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They pushed you around a few times in the 2nd moto & you still walked on them. Nice job!
    overkill is an often underrated achievement

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! I actually had quite a bit left in me in both motos. I knew I had five laps to get it done so I found some patience and it worked out. The second moto after I passed for first I didn't know if I had made it to the front and didn't know if I should conserve and not make any mistakes or keep digging so I was looking to my brother for a sign and didn't get one but I did end up winning both motos. Last week I wasn't so patient and I ended up getting in a wreck in the second moto.
    https://youtu.be/cHhK7STfWlI

https://youtu.be/eXxBW3VSH8s

I actually haven't been able to do much cardio because of my knee but I'm not in bad shape. I get gassed but power through and try to think my way through the moto. My motor is do for a refresh and down on power. Can't complain because I can't even count on both hands the number of times I've had the temp gauge pegged from the radiator packing up with sand, or sucked in water. I think not having the power on tap is actually tiring me out more because I'm having to work the clutch, shift, and try to carry speed through corners that much more. Should be fixing that within the next couple weeks though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison#51 View Post
    Thanks guys! I actually had quite a bit left in me in both motos. I knew I had five laps to get it done so I found some patience and it worked out. The second moto after I passed for first I didn't know if I had made it to the front and didn't know if I should conserve and not make any mistakes or keep digging so I was looking to my brother for a sign and didn't get one but I did end up winning both motos. Last week I wasn't so patient and I ended up getting in a wreck in the second moto.
    https://youtu.be/cHhK7STfWlI

https://youtu.be/eXxBW3VSH8s

I actually haven't been able to do much cardio because of my knee but I'm not in bad shape. I get gassed but power through and try to think my way through the moto. My motor is do for a refresh and down on power. Can't complain because I can't even count on both hands the number of times I've had the temp gauge pegged from the radiator packing up with sand, or sucked in water. I think not having the power on tap is actually tiring me out more because I'm having to work the clutch, shift, and try to carry speed through corners that much more. Should be fixing that within the next couple weeks though.
    I completely agree with your last couple sentences. When I was racing my 310 pv motor, I was having to still work a fair amount harder get what I was wanting from the motor. Now with this 363 motor, I have actually geared it quite high and I can stay in each gear a bit longer and don't use the clutch near as much. Yes, the bigger motor with more power CAN wear you out faster. But if you learn to work it right, I found it a bit easier to ride and get what I wanted.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Right. I have one more stock cylinder build going then after that I'm thinking of going to a 310.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Some Redbud action https://youtu.be/XuQ6QcB04Wo