Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it worth?

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    why ask what we think its worth ? what did ya pay for it ? how much did ya put into it ? then ask yourself what it worth. after that post up a number ya want . you should try facebook maybe . also as we all know what ya got invested into it ya probably will not get back. an if ya part it out ya gotta deal with it piece by piece lots of people asking for pics an not buying any of it . good luck an happy holidays !

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    I had a local guy put new crank bearings seals and rebuild top end after millennium replated cylinder.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    What I have in it is not what it's worth I know that.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    what crank was used ? are you still selling the whole bike ? for any of us here to help we need to know what is all on the atv like a arms,stem , swinger etc. some good pics will go along way . lots of guys here willing to help thats why we are here but we need you to help us help you. please post some pics an details as much as you know . we can help fill in the rest .

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    It's a hot rods crank and rod. I'm keeping the quad.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That is good I hope you enjoy it. The are a addiction

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    why sell the motor then ? if its all fresh ride it .

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Want something bigger lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Bdt=best darn toy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Based on what you say id put a price on it of $2500-3500. Depends on alot of things. Ignition, clutch, clutch basket, crank, brand of bearings and gaskets, and also condition interior and exterior. Powder and polish condition. We need pictures and more details. BTY I'll testify that BDT puts out very strong motors. Im running a sphinx 363 from them right now and it is great runner. No problems at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Condition of everything is biggest factor of price.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Moose gaskets and bearings. Hot rods crank and rod. Esr piston clutch basket is stock has some wear and clutch is new Barnett. Has broken chain guard mount. Bottom end is painted black with cylinder untouched. Engine covers are polished.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why did it need a rebuild? When ya got it.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Was running lean and ruined the piston

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeans1 View Post
    I just sold a full sphinx set up, pipe, carb, and ignition for 3500 but it wasn't a bdt motor, it was a hybrid engineering motor. I'm being honest I've been around a Bdt junk motor and you wouldn't get a dime out of me, it over heated all the time, never could get jetted. New sphinx unplated is 700 so just because it's ported doesn't mean it's worth more.
    I understand the whole hatred thing that some people have for Carlos but there is no reason to bash this dudes motor for being a Bdt motor. I know Carlos has some enemies no doubt about that but Bdt doesn't produce junk. That's a harsh comment. If you've had overheating and jetting issues then that's you but there are many many guys that have had great luck with Bdt motors and i m one of them. My sphinx literally has had no problems. And it is the strongest and best running motor ive ever owned. And I've owned a couple. I personally have no reason to talk bad about Bdt motors especially the sphinx 363. Just saying that motor cost around $4000-5000 to build depending on the ignition and some other parts. And used I'd put a tag on it around 2500-3500 depending on condition and what parts it has.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsessed86 View Post
    I understand the whole hatred thing that some people have for Carlos but there is no reason to bash this dudes motor for being a Bdt motor. I know Carlos has some enemies no doubt about that but Bdt doesn't produce junk. That's a harsh comment. If you've had overheating and jetting issues then that's you but there are many many guys that have had great luck with Bdt motors and i m one of them. My sphinx literally has had no problems. And it is the strongest and best running motor ive ever owned. And I've owned a couple. I personally have no reason to talk bad about Bdt motors especially the sphinx 363. Just saying that motor cost around $4000-5000 to build depending on the ignition and some other parts. And used I'd put a tag on it around 2500-3500 depending on condition and what parts it has.
    Ask the guy who has my old sphinx about the differences in a bdt sphinx and a hybrid sphinx huge power difference and price difference, I can say that after working on one after Pete redid that same motor there was no issues with it. 17.5 to 1 pump gas dome in a 310? The guy that bought my sphinx broke the base studs and the ignition come a part after getting it back because they didn't tighten anything. You can build a better runner cheaper then a BDT motor even with a Shearer in frame like I had.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Can't even compare the Pete motor to coc. I paid I think 5500.00 broke everytime I ran it. Got banned for life when posted about it.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Petes sphynx felt like the coc motor on roids.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some do not want to hear the truth about Dr. Dbag's motors.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsessed86 View Post
    So I buy a quad with a bdt motor and no matter what I do it won't run correctly and its my fault? I take this same motor to hybrid engineering and Pete finds it has a 17.5-1 compression dome in it marked very clearly "pump dome". And it's on me why it wouldn't run? You sound just like the Carlos. When I questioned him he insults me and questions my intelligence. Pull your head out pal. If you want a good motor that really runs call Pete at hybrid engineering. If you want to be treated like dirt and have a pos motor call bdt
    I had a BDT motor once.....It SUCKED!
    Currently: Hybrid Engineering 310 stroker built by Pete