Thread: Hall Precision Racing Pipe

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Hall Precision Racing Pipe

I've seen a picture of one of Jerry's pipes that are one piece just hoping to find a few better pictures of them or maybe Jerry will chime in and hopefully with some pictures.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeans1 View Post
    I've seen a picture of one of Jerry's pipes that are one piece just hoping to find a few better pictures of them or maybe Jerry will chime in and hopefully with some pictures.
    Are you talking about a one piece pipe for the Honda TRX 250R or some other model?

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hall View Post
    Are you talking about a one piece pipe for the Honda TRX 250R or some other model?
    The trx250r ones Jerry thank you and happy thanksgiving.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    I do not have any pictures of that pipe. I have not made that pipe in probably 25 years. That HPR hand coned pipe made a gradual left turn after leaving the cylinder, then turned upward about 90 deg. then toward the right about 90 deg. and continued along behind the radiator, then made another 90 and back along the right side of the cylinder and then into the muffler. The power curve shape was very similar to the "Bills pipe".

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    I do not have any pictures of that pipe. I have not made that pipe in probably 25 years. That HPR hand coned pipe made a gradual left turn after leaving the cylinder, then turned upward about 90 deg. then toward the right about 90 deg. and continued along behind the radiator, then made another 90 and back along the right side of the cylinder and then into the muffler. The power curve shape was very similar to the "Bills pipe".
    Thank you Jerry, the picture of the one I saw was for a 330 you built, and didn't know if you had any pictures of the front of the pipes.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hontrx265r View Post
    Thanks for the pic. Never seen this pipe before!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    I liked the one piece routed like that, different. I had one from esr like that 1987ish and I believe one of the duncans went that route as well. Not for shorts but most reading this dont ride in shorts anyway.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    If anyone had one and wanted it copied I could have my pipe builder copy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS_350x View Post
    If anyone had one and wanted it copied I could have my pipe builder copy it

Jerry is a pretty damn good supporter of this site, and spends a lot of time on here answering questions. Time that is unpaid. Coming out and saying you have a guy to copy his stuff is probably not the most wise of comments, if you want him to continue that support.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hontrx265r View Post
    Jerry is a pretty damn good supporter of this site, and spends a lot of time on here answering questions. Time that is unpaid. Coming out and saying you have a guy to copy his stuff is probably not the most wise of comments, if you want him to continue that support.
    It wasn't intended in any way to take business away in any way. Or degrade the contributions he has made to the community. Based off of his comment it didn't appear that he is interested in making that pipe again. That is the only reason I offered. Many people want nostalgic pipes that are no longer available, that is where my builder comes in. It's not to copy a current available pipe. What would the point of that be? Just get it from the original mfg. I have my own measurements we use so I'm not looking to copy a pipe and sell it as my own.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    If anyone wants one of these old pipes I probably still have the patterns hanging on a nail somewhere in the shop and could build some. I do not understand why anyone would want one of these old designs when there are pipes today that perform much better on radically built 250s.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    If anyone wants one of these old pipes I probably still have the patterns hanging on a nail somewhere in the shop and could build some. I do not understand why anyone would want one of these old designs when there are pipes today that perform much better on radically built 250s.
    Thanks Jerry I was just curious in how you had built them since you had said they were one piece pipes.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeans1 View Post
    Thanks Jerry I was just curious in how you had built them since you had said they were one piece pipes.
    It was a one piece pipe hand coned pipe with many segments welded together but it does not use springs or bolts to hold 2 or 3 sub sections (leaking joints) together when installing the pipe on the quad.