Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New intake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rablack21 View Post
    Since it uses a rubber collar to connect to the carb, I wonder if he could simply get a collar that tapers up to a larger carb bell?
    We talked about that on the phone. He looked for a larger collar but couldn't find one. I don't think you would want a smaller intake track flaring into a larger carb anyway, it might offer less performance than stock.

I don't want to discourage you guys from calling Fuel Customs and talking with Garrett about it. Maybe he will make one with a larger intake.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    We talked about that on the phone. He looked for a larger collar but couldn't find one. I don't think you would want a smaller intake track flaring into a larger carb anyway, it might offer less performance than stock.

I don't want to discourage you guys from calling Fuel Customs and talking with Garrett about it. Maybe he will make one with a larger intake.
    One issue I had with the led being larger was with aftermarket shocks the boot would rub and wear through so there's a fine line there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeans1 View Post
    One issue I had with the led being larger was with aftermarket shocks the boot would rub and wear through so there's a fine line there.
    Yeah, that's no bueno either.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Dang wish I would have read this again. I just got this kit as a gift from my bro. Did not know this works only with stock carb. Man the filter is huge
    87 Trx250r & 99 Banshee