Thread: OEM Case 88-89, and 86-87 Paint Type, Color, An Finish

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

OEM Case 88-89, and 86-87 Paint Type, Color, An Finish

Does anyone know what type of paint, color/ finish to use that's a perfect match for the 88-89 engine cases to restore them back to original factory oem condition. My engine has a few spots that need to be touched up from wear from boots, etc and I want them to look like the day them came off the showroom floor (PERFECT). I do not want to powder coat them so if theres anyone who has done this please let me know the brand of paint, type, color, and finish to use. I also need the same information for the 86-87 engine cases for my other motors/projects. Brand, Type, color, and finish. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm looking for the '86-87 color ....Does anyone know where to get such color / Paint from ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I stopped by the local napa just last week to find out this very thing & see if they could match up some paint for the 86 engine from my wife's R. They told me to bring in an engine part with the color on it & they were 99% sure they could match it up in a Marten Senior single stage polyeurathane. However, they said single stage poly only comes in gloss so you have to buy a flattening agent to get the matte finish & napa can only get that in no less than quart sizes & it's kind of expensive. Other than that the 88-89 cases should be pretty easy, just get some black poly & flatten it to the desired finish. I'll post the paint code for the 86-87 gray when I get it from napa unless someone beats me to it.
    overkill is an often underrated achievement

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    hopefully @Anthony0327 will chime in.......I believe used rattle can Duplicolor Storm Grey

Joe

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by croat1 View Post
    hopefully @Anthony0327 will chime in.......I believe used rattle can Duplicolor Storm Grey

Joe
    It's Storm Gray. Be aware that the color has faded on your older parts, so you have to paint everything. It will match new OEM painted parts though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sweet! Thanks guys! And it's available in CANADA!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/du...-0472605p.html