Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got burned again!

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score

Got burned again!

I bought a bottom end off a guy in the fall. It had a hot rods crank all new bearings seals and OEM gaskets Yukon gears new counterbalancer good cases etc.. Supposedly just needed a top end and it was good to go. We met up to do the deal and everything looked good from what I could tell (in the dark) and the guy was supposed to send me the water pump impeller that he forgot to bring in the mail.. Never could get ahold of him after that so never got an impeller. After i pulled the stator cover off and seen what kind of mess that was I decided to rebuild it first. Finally just got around to splitting the cases and there's gravel in the crankcase and the gears are stock and chipped up the crank and cases (mismatched set) seem alright but I definetly overpaid for what I ACTUALLY got. I'm very frustrated. Seems like you can't trust anyone these days I've been having this kind of stuff happen a lot lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Craigslist?
    Puma 408, Puma 431, Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
    89mm Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! Mounted with Cascade QUIET Silencer
    All motors built by Pete at hybrid 360-281-2274 SIMPLY THE BEST PORT TIMINGS AVAILABLE
    Looking for Bling? http://www.tlr-online.com/trx250r/dress_up

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    It wasn't a 78mm 330 cylinder was it? I got hosed awhile back buying a 330 with yukon gears that supposedly needed a piston. I got my money back from ebay, but I had already bought a new piston and gaskets to have ready. Hopefully you won't find any other issues.

Pro-X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    worst mistake is taking anyone on their word. tear the whole motor down if you have to before buying it. sometime its better to buy on thats running so you can test ride it but still that doesnt gaurantee they havent done some half ass repairs inside
    to much power is almost enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by udontknowme View Post
    worst mistake is taking anyone on their word.
    Yep, I just assume what I am buying is junk and go from there.
    Puma 408, Puma 431, Pilot 412, Puma 431, Mini-tooth 486 Trx450r
    89mm Mini tooth Shearer in frame pipe chromed! Mounted with Cascade QUIET Silencer
    All motors built by Pete at hybrid 360-281-2274 SIMPLY THE BEST PORT TIMINGS AVAILABLE
    Looking for Bling? http://www.tlr-online.com/trx250r/dress_up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yup it always sucks dealing with dishonest sellers but unfortunately that's the world we live in. Always do your due diligence.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Best thing is one taken apart in a bucket, at least you can inspect every part before you hand over the money.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing, in memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    Race team for 2015
    Chuckie Creech #25 TRX450R, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited
    Andrea Creech # 25 TRX450R, Womens (National ATVA EDT)
    Andrea Creech #33 TRX350R, Womens (local EDT)

If it aint got a hot weed eater 2 stroke engine, all its good for is a pit bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Or buy only from, our friends!
    LONG LIVE THE "R's"

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumashine View Post
    Craigslist?
    Quote Originally Posted by GO OVRIT View Post
    It wasn't a 78mm 330 cylinder was it? I got hosed awhile back buying a 330 with yukon gears that supposedly needed a piston. I got my money back from ebay, but I had already bought a new piston and gaskets to have ready. Hopefully you won't find any other issues.
    Nope. It was just a bottom end the guy posted it on .net and he wasn't that far from me so I didn't think I could go wrong with being able to actually check it out. The crank and the cases seem good so far which is everything that I was able to see. Definitely lost some money on it but it's not completely junk.

Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison#51 View Post
    Nope. It was just a bottom end the guy posted it on .net and he wasn't that far from me so I didn't think I could go wrong with being able to actually check it out. The crank and the cases seem good so far which is everything that I was able to see. Definitely lost some money on it but it's not completely junk.

Ohh...... you gotta watch it over there on that .net site. That's where the shady characters hang out and they own it..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by udontknowme View Post
    worst mistake is taking anyone on their word. tear the whole motor down if you have to before buying it. sometime its better to buy on thats running so you can test ride it but still that doesnt gaurantee they havent done some half ass repairs inside

What seller would allow that??

I see your point, but if somebody I don't know from Adam showed up to look at an engine I am selling and asked to tear it all apart before buying, I would laugh at him and ask him to get off my property! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Man that sucks pumashine what people do for that buck not right at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's not cool. Post up that dick heads user name

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiiysr View Post
    That's not cool. Post up that dick heads user name
    X2... Thats not a little misinformation or mistake... That's a lot of difference in money right there.
    1988 250R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes. If it was a mistake on his end a $$ kickback is in order asap. If it was not a mistake fellow members need to know about this for future protection.

Racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    I haven't been able to get ahold of him since the deal went down. Big surprise.. He knows what he did. I think he was just hoping I would be dumb enough to just run the motor and never split the cases. I'm not sure if I want to post his name cause I might lose the element of surprise if I do decide to go knocking on his door. He hasn't been online over there yet this year but he might still be lurking around with a different profile or something. The slimy bastard! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison#51 View Post
    I haven't been able to get ahold of him since the deal went down. Big surprise.. He knows what he did. I think he was just hoping I would be dumb enough to just run the motor and never split the cases. I'm not sure if I want to post his name cause I might lose the element of surprise if I do decide to go knocking on his door. He hasn't been online over there yet this year but he might still be lurking around with a different profile or something. The slimy bastard! Lol
    Post up some negative feedback on that site (and here too if he's a member) so other members know to be cautious with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just a heads up, i pm'd the crap out of a guy who sold me carrier and axle, both supposedly for an R, but the carrier was too short. Pm and Pm(on facebook) so i could see he was reading them, just not responding. So after a couple weeks of this, and sayin "hey dick i can see you reading the message, now respond, i just wand to know what this unit is for, i dont need cash or anything from you" i finally called him out publicily, whatd ya know, that same day he messages and says to call him. Super apologetic and offers $, i said no. Sometimes, embarassment is the best tactic if all else fails.
    I ride PINNED! Therefore, no bdt in this household.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinned250r View Post
    Just a heads up, i pm'd the crap out of a guy who sold me carrier and axle, both supposedly for an R, but the carrier was too short. Pm and Pm(on facebook) so i could see he was reading them, just not responding. So after a couple weeks of this, and sayin "hey dick i can see you reading the message, now respond, i just wand to know what this unit is for, i dont need cash or anything from you" i finally called him out publicily, whatd ya know, that same day he messages and says to call him. Super apologetic and offers $, i said no. Sometimes, embarassment is the best tactic if all else fails.
    genius! i like your tactic. those who abuse the lil bit of trust they are given should be held accountable.

john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kjason?
    1988 250R